|NORPLAN Tanzania Limited|
NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd (NORPLAN) is a multidisciplinary firm of Consulting Engineers registered with Engineers Registration Board as a Local Consulting Firm under Registration Number LCF 092 and member of Association of Consulting Engineers Tanzania (ACET).
NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd (NORPLAN) T anzania Jobs
Due to the expansion of our consultancy services, we are seeking for applicants for the following posts with corresponding detailed job descriptions:
Structural Specialist – QC Advisor (Civil, Structural Steel)
Structural Specialist – QC Advisor (Civil, Structural Steel) at NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd September, 2023
Job Brief/ Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supporting the EPcmC staff & the CONTRACTORS ensuring delivery of the pipeline and associated AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure are on-time and to budget.
- Implement, use, and communicate safe work practices on and off the project sites Supervision and Inspection of Civil and Structural Steel works regularly, identifying and eliminating potential safety hazards. Ensuring local contractors understand work scope pertaining to Civil and Structural Steel.
- Support Construction Supervisor throughout the field and during meeting attendance, including monitoring and reporting on compliance of works, scheduling, contractor performance, materials, and vendors
- Supervision of ITP inspection surveillance and hold points by the designated inspection personnel. Review and confirm survey benchmark controls for sites, road networks and pipeline ROW corridors
- Monitor civil interfaces for civil and structural steel scopes, identifying conflicts to supervision. Mentor exemplary behavior regarding HSE, Ethics and Company “Code of Conduct” policy.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification combined with extensive field experience or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications that support the execution of civil and structural steel works for the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works scopes.
- A minimum of 5 years’ greenfield site civil and structural steel construction experience.
- Competency within industry applications such as MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Strong knowledge of civil construction activities for site preparation, cut and fill, compaction, roadworks, drainage, concrete structures, piling, foundations, buildings, and associated disciplines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the interpretation of engineering drawings, plans and specifications.
- Understanding of critical path and key milestones within the construction planning programs for civil works.
- A high focus on identifying and meeting the key project deliverables and objectives.
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate construction concerns and solutions with teams consisting of individuals with various technical and educational backgrounds.
- To provide supervisory support the CONTRACTOR to report on a daily basis on progress and activities.
- Assist contractors for the correct interpretation of the drawings, providing support in the solution of technical problems
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities
Project Discipline Engineer
Project Discipline Engineer at NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd September, 2023
The Project Engineer with expertise in the design of Oil transmission systems, pumping stations, storage / terminal facilities, will be responsible for monitoring expedite the response to Site Technical Quires and Deviations raised by Contractors from discipline Field Engineering assisting in their completion through the multidiscipline Field Engineering Team.
- Support Quality group to ensuring that materials, structures, and equipment are delivered, installed, tested in accordance with the PROJECT requirements.
- Ensure all issued construction IFC documents, information and their revisions are managed to the Construction schedules for execution.
- Conducting work in accordance with EACOP project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems(HSEQ).
- Ensure all Master as-built records are maintained by Contractor and approved as per as built document procedure and index.
- Review Construction Method Statement for Engineering HSEQ to ensure delivery and quality of construction work packs.
- Provide response to Technical Query, Deviation Requests, information, and clarifications, submitted by Contractor.
- Ensure that the engineering response to the Site Technical Queries STQ’S are expedited and Contractors implements changes corrections on site.
- Coordinates activities, collaborating with the Lead Field Engineers, engineering disciplines, and supporting departments to ensure tender and/or project scopes are correctly interpreted, and deadlines met with
- Participating in Safety Leadership coordination with Construction teams.
- Proactively develop behaviors and culture of safety first
Qualification and Experience
- BSc or MSc engineering degree.
- Minimum 15 years of experience of successfully delivering projects as a project engineer. Experience of delivering projects in Tanzania or similar location.
- Construction experience is preferred.
- Coordinate resolution of Technical Queries by Company disciplines and expedite progress.
- Experienced with the interpretation of complex scopes of work, contracts, schedules, and engineering deliverables such as P&IDs and Plot Plans. Display analytical and innovation skills to manage scopes of work
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate complex engineering concerns & solutions with engineering teams of various technical and educational backgrounds. Comprehensive understanding and sound knowledge of construction execution of onshore Pipeline, Pumping stations, Storage Terminals, and Jetty.
- Experience on model review in SP3D / E3D / PDS / PDMS platform is preferred.
- Knowledge of National, International standards and legislative requirements for design CAD Designer 2D is preferred.
Senior Document Controller
Senior Document Controller at NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd September, 2023
The main responsibilities for the Senior Document Control personnel will be to issue Key Document Change Notices and assist the interface team with the transfer of documentation to the project contractors.
Secondary responsibilities shall include, but not limited to:
- Assist the DC team with issuance of Contractor and Supplier documents during busy periods – A contractor or supplier may be assigned specifically dependent on workload.
- Update and implement distribution matrices. Assist management with pulling reports from Aconex. Engaging with both Company and Worley team members when they require assistance with Aconex.
- Creating user accounts for Aconex.
- Processing MDR change requests. Attend meetings when required.
- Familiarize themselves with project procedures and specifications. Facilitate the delivery managers with the expedition and close out of overdue actions in Aconex.
- Cover other DCs duties during leaves of absence and holiday.
- A minimum of five years’ document control experience. Experience with large-scale Document Control Software is required, Aconex highly desirable.
- Proven accuracy, reliability with a conscientious work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized. Effective oral and written communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of software is required.
- Experience with PDF software (Adobe Acrobat Pro, PDF Xchange Editor) is required.
Electrical Engineer at NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd September, 2023
Responsible for Field Engineering delivery of Construction Electrical Scope (Electrical/instrumentation) to Completion & Ready for Commissioning start-up.
The installation, testing, pre-commissioning, up to ready for commissioning of electrical transmission systems, sub-stations, power generation equipment, motor control systems, power management systems, earthing systems, UPS, Transformers, ICSS, FGS, DCS, RTU, CCTV, ESD, ECSS, ACS, communication, emergency lighting, and other electrical equipment, diverse integrated control systems, SCADA, ISS, PAGA, and varied industrial instrumentation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that electrical equipment is delivered, installed, tested, and commissioned in accordance with the PROJECT requirements.
- Providing Electrical Field Engineering support and expertise to the Project team.
- Ensuring all Electrical discipline project deliverables are executed and handover according to project QHSE requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring Construction Contractors technical compliance and quality standards.
- Ensure the Electrical Master records are maintained and approved as red mark-ups on the Engineering Documents to the as built procedure.
- Provide Field Engineering support to construction and commissioning activities.
- Experience in loop checking, instruments calibration: E&l panel power up, FAT, SAT & ISAT.
- Experience in Electrical, Instrumentation and Telecom systems like, UPS, Power system, Transformers, ICSS, FGS, DCS, RTU, CCTV, ESD, ECSS, ACS, communication, emergency lighting, etc.
- Ensuring that instrumentation and associated equipment is delivered, installed, tested, and commissioned in accordance with the PROJECT requirements.
- Ensure all Instrument discipline project deliverables are executed and handover according to project HSEQ requirements.
- Support and Collaborate with the home office engineering design team to properly implement design change and provide all engineering site support.
- Ensure that contractors construction team implements and executes the construction scope as per technical specification quality standards and project schedule requirements
- Review Construction Method Statement to ensure delivery and quality of construction work packs.
- Ensure that the engineering response to the TQ’s are expedited and Contractors implements changes corrections on site.
- Support Construction schedule from area construction to system/sub system completion.
- Degree in an Electrical Engineering discipline or Company agreed discipline qualifications that support the Electrical engineering management and construction execution of onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works scopes.
- Chartered Engineer or Registered Engineer hold a membership of a related Professional Institute or certification body (preferred). 10 years’ experience in conceptual & detailed design of Oil and Gas facilities and process equipment. Comprehensive understanding and sound knowledge of construction execution of onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works scopes.
- Experience in Brown and Greenfield construction projects.
- Previous experience in a similar role in EPC project.
Mode of Application:
Qualified Candidates should send applications to the EMAIL address indicated below so as to reach the undersigned within 21 days from the first appearance of this advert in newspapers. The application letter should be enclosed with:
- Curriculum Vitae with two referees
- Copies of relevant certificates and awards
- One passport size photograph attached to application letter.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Apply to: The Managing Director NORPLAN Tanzania Limited Consulting Engineers and Planners P.O.Box 2820 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.