Technical Sector Specialist Job Vacancy at BRAC – Gender and Inclusion
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at BRAC Tanzania 2023Technical Sector Specialist – Gender and Inclusion at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania May, 2023
BRAC International Tanzania Jobs 2023
Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood
About the Programme
The Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self- motivated individuals to fill the following positions in BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
Technical Sector Specialist – Gender and Inclusion (AD# MCFBMT-2306)
This position is responsible for providing overall technical leadership on social empowerment activities of AIM Programme to ensure sound and effective implementation. S/he will uphold BRAC’s values and ensure programming and organizational principles.
- Oversee social empowerment activities of AIM programme and provide technical support on gender and inclusion aspects.
- Prepare branch wise Social Empowerment training calendar and help to ensure trainings, including staff training and ToT for Mentors and PAs
- Provide overall technical leadership and help to Community Selection & Demarcation
- Support Branch set-up and procurement, community mapping and selection
- Support club-space set up ensuring safeguarding criteria and reasonable accommodation and Club Group Formation and facilitate club-based curriculum delivery.
- Lead mapping of linkage services following standardized referral pathways (government/inter-agency) and provide orientation to staff, mentors, and Youth Development Committees
- Prepare work plan both yearly & monthly to achieve the programmatic target.
- Support branch team to maintain strong linkage with local Government and other community authorities.
- Support GBV case management from collecting incident reports to providing guidance and support to branch team and YDCs to resolve or establish referral linkage.
- Follow up & monitor the field level activities on regular basis and assist for proper implementation.
- Follow up YDCs activities by attending meetings and help to capacity building.
- Conduct and monitor Family & Partners’ sessions.
- Write case stories or success stories and help Knowledge Management team for programme documentation.
- Coordinate with MF CO and BM for participants inclusion in Microfinance Ensure report submission in right time and check MIS data.
- Master’s degree (preferred) or bachelor’s degree in social science /Anthropology /Sociology /Business Administration and /or other relevant fields
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Good communication, facilitation, and representation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and manage institutional relationships.
- Understanding gender and inclusion, community empowerment and local government issues.
- At least three (02) years working experience on gender and inclusion, community mobilization, local government, and social safety net.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
JOB LOCATION: Dar es Salaam, Tanga, Morogoro, Dodoma, Singida, Tabora, Mbeya, Mwanza, Iringa and Songwe.
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position, region of your preference and AD# in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 26th May 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.