New Job Opportunity at GivePower Foundation
Who We Are
biefore looking deep into our job opportunities lets first look about us. GivePower Foundation (“GivePower”) is a US-based nonprofit organization made up of a growing team of passionate, creative problem-solvers aiming to change the way we use and develop clean energy around the world. GivePower’s main programs include solar electrification in developing regions, scaling solar-powered desalination solutions for clean water access in remote communities, and voluntourism treks for donors and teams wishing to be a part of the impact they’re making. Born from the Silicon Valley clean tech industry, we are aiming to use innovative technology to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. Come join the charge!
Site Selection Manager Job Vacancy
About the job
This is your opportunity to join an innovative organization on the ground level and become an integral part of our mission to save lives through clean energy. We are looking for a passionate, energetic self-starter who will work closely with the GivePower team to help organize, manage and execute on key projects. As the Site Selection Manager - Tanzania, you will play an essential role in determining future locations for our water desalination projects (Solar Water Farms) in the country. Specifically, the role will be responsible for identifying project sites, collecting and analyzing data, performing site due diligence, engaging community stakeholders, and generally supporting the successful development of GivePower’s Solar Water Farms. Others would describe you as a highly organized, meticulous, and process-driven person with an engaging personality and an aptitude for building relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
● Identify communities that face challenges accessing affordable clean water.
● Conduct site-specific due diligence to validate projects against GivePower’s site selection criteria. ● Work diligently and rapidly to fill a pipeline of projects inline with internal growth targets.
● Project manage sites as they progress through the initial stages of site selection and acquisition.
● Assist in the continuous improvement of site selection processes and criteria
● Provide regular reports and project updates to the Global Site Selection Manager.
● Present findings to GivePower team members in a way that accurately characterizes community needs, constraints, and project requirements.
● Act as a key point of contact for, and maintain positive working relationships with community stakeholders, government representatives, and contractors during site selection.
● Negotiate the lease or purchase of property once approved by GivePower.
● Participate in site design conversations to inform of any known or potential obstacles to the project plan.
● Regular travel to the field for site validation, community engagement, or data collection.
● Perform quantitative and qualitative market research, including carrying out field surveys of households, water vendors, and other stakeholders.
● Any other tasks or projects that may be required.
Qualifications and requirements
● Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
● Basic data analysis and visualization skills.
● Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills.
● Experience with land acquisition and/or lease negotiation preferred.
● Skilled project manager with strong interpersonal skills.
● Experience working with remote teams.
● Capability to work autonomously.
● Flexibility and willing to help where it is needed most.
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Resourceful, solutions-oriented, can-do attitude, and a team player.
● Verbal and written fluency in English & Kiswahili.
GivePower is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion or any other characteristic protected by Tanzanian laws and regulations.