Job Vacancy: Dentist Grade II - TGHS E - 10 positions
This job opening is for the position of Dentist Grade II - TGHS E, with 10 positions available. The role is based in Tanzania and requires qualified candidates to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform all dental medical procedures in the hospital related to oral and dental diseases.
- Participate in developing and supervising the implementation of the Government's policy on oral and dental health.
- Manage the implementation of national plans related to oral and dental health.
- Prepare continuing education for dental health workers.
- Investigate, monitor, and prevent outbreaks of dental diseases.
- Design and prepare strategies to improve the quality of dental services.
- Organize the availability of equipment and other dental treatment requirements at the national level.
- Advise the Ministry on the operation of dental health activities in the country.
- Design, supervise and conduct research in various health areas.
- Teach students in health colleges within their work area.
- Completion of Form IV/VI/ diploma and a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from a government-recognized university or college.
- Completion of "Internship" training for at least twelve months and registration with the Medical Council of Tanganyika.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of dental procedures and techniques.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit their application letters, photocopies of relevant academic certificates, and a detailed CV with at least three referees, including their complete contact information. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received not later than the deadline specified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Instructions for applicants:
i. Applicants who will be selected will be assigned to work in areas with a severe shortage of health professionals, and there will be no changing of stations once they have been appointed. The areas are as follows: Regional Referral Hospitals in (1) Kigoma; (2) Katavi; (3) Sumbawanga; (4) Songwe; (5) Njombe; (6) Ruvuma; (7) Mtwara; (8) Lindi; (9) Simiyu; (10) Geita; (11) Shinyanga; (12) Tabora; (13) Singida; (14) Manyara; and (15) Mara; Zonal Hospitals, Chato and Mtwara Hospitals for Infectious Diseases, and Health Training Institutions. Therefore, applicants should be prepared to be assigned to the areas specified above.
ii. Applicants who are not willing to go to the above-mentioned areas are advised not to apply.
iii. Students currently studying are not allowed to apply for these job positions.
iv. The applicant should choose three (3) areas that they would prefer to be assigned to if selected.
v. An applicant who intends to go and teach in Health Training Institutions should specify that in their application letter.
vi. Copies of all certificates must be certified by the Court or a Lawyer.
vii. Applicants who volunteer in various Regional/Zonal Referral Hospitals should be provided with a letter from the Medical Officer in Charge of the respective hospital to confirm their volunteering.
viii. Applicants with disabilities and the qualifications specified in this announcement should also apply through the system. In addition, their applications should indicate the type of disability they have and attach a photo and a doctor's confirmation from a government hospital.
ix. Applications submitted by post or brought directly to the Ministry of Health will not be considered. Applicants should also be aware that once they have been assigned to a station, they are not allowed to move or change stations for a period of not less than five years.
b. General qualifications for an applicant:
i. Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
ii. Must be between 18 and 45 years of age.
iii. Must not be an employee of the government or an employee of religious organizations' hospitals whose salary is paid by the government.
iv. An applicant who has previously worked in the government and has a cheque number must follow the procedure for requesting permission to return to public service and continue to use the Cheque Number after leaving employment as stipulated in Circular No. CCB.228/271/01 dated August 7, 2012.
v. The applicant must have the qualifications and expertise according to the Service Development Circular No. 1 of 2009 for the cadres under the Ministry of Health as specified above.