Job Vacancy announcement at Q-Sourcing Limited Company
QSST-EACOP- LEAD PLANNING, PROGRESS AND REPORTING.
About this Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Lead planning, progress and reporting.
Position in the Organization
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with possible missions to UK Office and other EACOP sites. Project is itself a part of EACOP Ltd., along other Corporate EACOP Ltd. Departments
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) project is a major regional infrastructure project between Uganda and Tanzania, opening a new value corridor between the two countries. It consists mainly of a 1445km, a green field marine terminal with an export jetty and 150km of feeder lines from upstream facilities which will tie-in to the EACOP project, scheduled to be completed in 2025.
- The service holder shall control during the Execution Phase, the work done by
- EPcm Planning and Reporting team who will be dedicated to main contracts and purchase orders scheduling and profess measurement activities
- Main Logistics Contractor Planning and Reporting leader who will be dedicated to logistics scheduling and progress measurement activities
- Other contractors Planning and Reporting team activities as need may arise
- The service holder shall also be in charge of the integration of all local permitting activities (ESIA, Societal, Land acquisition …) and associated planning related to EACOP development project in Uganda and Tanzania and to assist the Project management in any decision related to planning activities.
Additional activities include
- As a general manner, to provide assistance to the Project Management for all matters related to scheduling, progress, reporting and to manage all these activities in close coordination with future EACOP contractors (EPcm, Construction, Logistics, etc.,…)
- To develop, implement and maintain procedures, means and tools in order to ensure the efficient organization and operation of the scheduling, progress control and reporting activities across the EACOP project
- To complete as necessary, the Project Work Breakdown Structure with comply with Project needs in terms of progress control and reporting, for all phases of the Project
- To develop, update and revise the overall integrated Project schedules as required by the Project Management team, and to provide analysis ad simulations of new schedules as required
- To incorporate the overall integrated Project schedule, all the permitting activities for both Uganda and Tanzanian permitting regulations
- To update, complete and conduct weekly and monthly reviews of report structures complying with EACOP, partners and authorities needs
To ensure that, during the Execution Phase:
- EPcm planning team organizes, coordinates, supervises and controls all the planning activities by informing, supporting and direct the EPcm team members in their roles, responsibilities and objectives
- EPcm planning reviews and comments on other contractors’ procedures and schedules, scheduling progress control methodology and monitors contractors’ execution, schedule, checks and approves contractors’ progress measurements and reports
- EPcm teams develop detailed and accurate weekly and monthly reports (and any other reports as required) during all phases of the Project
- The above shall also apply to other contractors including the Main Logistics Contractor Planning and Reporting teams.
- To ensure the consolidation of the Ugandan and Tanzanian contents man – hours from all contractors
- To timely report to the Project Control Manager, highlighting progress, opportunities and areas of concern
- To gather “Lessons Learnt” related to scheduling, progress control, reporting matters and provider feedback to other EACOP entities, partners and TOTAL organization as required
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regards to H3SE and rules its respective implementation
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary bheaviour with regards to Ethics and Project “Code of Conduct” policy
- To participate in meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required
- To carry out any other duties or tasks as may be required by the position
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The EACOP project includes a 1445km 24in oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities, a green field marine terminal with an export jetty and a series of main line block valves and trace heating stations. 150km of feeder lines from upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project. The Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000t of material and equipment.
Behind the numerous technical (the longest electrically heat traced pipeline in the world), environmental and social challenges faced by the project, Government of Uganda and Government of Tanzania agreed to develop EACOP project in a fast track mode. The project is aiming at a Ready for Start-up (RFSU) schedule not later than 36 months after FID.
The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing. In the current context of low oil price, the project needs to be developed with low CAPEX & OPEX to support the development economics and enable FID while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Degree: Engineer (or equivalent formal education), project management, project planning, from a recognized university.
- Experience: 10 years’ experience in oil and ga with similar large – scale projects and or environment.
- Perfect knowledge of Primavera.
- Ability to work in multi – cultural business environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: or the link below not later than 11th April 2023.
For Further clarifications call 0692 961 040
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open for both Local and Experts.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION