New Job Openings at Q-Sourcing Company Limited
Dar es salaam, Tanzania, Dar es salaam, Tanzania, Tanzania, United Republic of
Full Time : Experienced
About this Job:
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced AGI Project Engineering - Tanzania.
Context and Environment
The EACOP project includes a 1445km 24in main oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities [AGI: including 6 pumping stations (PS-1 thru 6) and 2 pressure reduction stations (PRS-1 and 2)], a green field Marine Terminal (MST) with an export jetty and Load Out Facilities (LOF) and a series of main line block valves (MLBV) and a long line heat trace (LLHT) heating system. Approx. 150km of feeder lines from upstream facilities from Tilenga and Kingfisher fields will tie-in to the EACOP project. EACOP is developing the Tilenga Feeder line on behalf of the Tilenga Project. The EACOP Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000t of material and equipment;
Behind the numerous technical (the longest electrically heat traced pipeline in the world), environmental and social challenges faced by the project, Government of Uganda and Government of Tanzania agreed to develop EACOP project in a fast track mode. The project is aiming at a Ready For Start-up (RFSU) schedule not later than 39 months after FID;
The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing;
In the current context of low oil price the project needs to be developed with low CAPEX & OPEX to support the economics and enable FID while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
Job Location: The position will be based in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania EACOP premises and Job Site Location in Tanzania and Uganda, up the end of 2025.
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) project is a major regional infrastructure project (Capex: 3.6 G$, OPEX :>2.5G$ over 25 years) between Uganda and Tanzania coast, opening a new value corridor between the two countries. The EACOP project development comprises of the detailed engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of the corresponding facilities.
The Job Holder is responsible for:
- To achieve the design of EACOP facilities, fit for the purpose, on time and on budget.
- To manage a multi-disciplinary technical team efficiently and in a good working spirit.
- To anticipate the problems that may arise, and be prepared to re-act quickly.
- To assist the E&P Package Manager to set up IPMT in Dar Es Salaam office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To organize and control the inter-discipline flawless coordination from a Construction/ Engineering stand point. This includes ensuring no gaps between all technical disciplines within the various Contractor detailed engineering EPcm, ePC AGI.
- To interface with people working in a large range of trades such but not limited to: interfaces, operations, schedule, procurement, contracts, construction, quality assurance, H3SE, QA/QC, Commissioning representatives as appropriate.
- To Cooperate and communicate with the Package manager, Construction managers and other project participants and to collaborate with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods as needed.
- Assuring, attending and leading the production of all reports/MoM etc relevant to the weekly and/or monthly coordination meetings with stakeholders.
- To anticipate potential problems and propose corrective actions in order to react quickly by reporting to the Package Manager, Construction Managers as appropriate.
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position and requested by Package Manager, Construction Managers as appropriate.
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard H3SE, H3SE rules implementation, Ethics and project “code of conduct”
- To ensure frequent presence at Construction Site thought-out the Project life
- To assist with the scheduling, planning, forecasting, resourcing, and managing technical activities to ensure project accuracy and quality by creating frameworks to measure the project's metrics and data collection.
- To make the necessary technical arbitration with the support of the engineering manager between the different disciplines.
- To ensure compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications
- Degree: MSc (or equivalent formal qualification, Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field )
- Fully aware and experienced of all applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices used in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum 10 or more years' field and project planning experience
- Good interpersonal and communication and motivational skills, Team player, the ability to work with multiple discipline and in a multicultural environment.
- Fully conversant in English (speaking and with excellent writing skill)
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software.
- Demonstrate project management and supervision skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or the link below not later than 31st March 2023.
For further clarifications call 0692 961 040
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open for both Local and Experts.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.