Boiler Maker jobs at Barrick Gold Corporation - 2 posts
JOB ADVERT – BOILERMAKER (02 VACANCIES)Job Identification: 223889
Posting Date: 03/18/2023, 02:44 PM
Apply Before: 03/31/2023, 02:44 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
Locations: Kahama Shinyanga, Kahama, Shinyanga, P.O. Box 891, TZ
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Boilermakers to join our team. Successful candidates for this position are expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within their team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Reporting to: Process Plant Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor
- Duration: Permanent
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting, and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health, and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Process Plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Interpretation, access, and reading of job specifications and relevant information
- Ensuring that the selection of materials for repairs, replacements, and inspection complies with the required standards.
- Correct selection of hand power tools hand, welding equipment, thermal cutting equipment and thermal heating equipment, and safety equipment for safe use.
- Understanding of engineering and structural drawings, interpreting sketches and drawings application of measuring equipment, marking, welding terms, codes and symbols, and cutting tools
- Using oxy-acetylene welding & cutting, thermal gouging, and thermal heating.
- Interpretation of materials safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Planning of the logical sequence of welding operations
- Completion of basic welding, heating, and cutting job cards/ work orders, hot work permit
- Carry out fabrication work and corrective maintenance to improve equipment availability, reliability, safety, and functionality.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum HME equipment availability. Meeting or exceeding planned HME equipment availability is a Key Performance Indicator.
- Assist other mechanical tradesmen in maintenance work as required.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
- Ensure the Supervisor and all stakeholders are kept informed on equipment availability status.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, develop full potential, and assume increasing accountability.
- Under the direction of the First Line leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experienced personnel.
- Follow Safe Work Procedures and other maintenance procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the First Line leader within your capacity without jeopardizing Health and safety.
- Trade certificate – (FTC/IMTT / VETA)
- Process Plant Operations, Respective Mills, Crusher
- Must possess a valid Driver's License with defensive driving skills
- 2 - 5 Years Post qualified experience in Fixed Plant/ Equipment Repair & Maintenance
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Boiler making/Welding
- Fault Finding
- Light Vehicle License
- Hand Tools Operation
- Power Tools operation- Cutting, grinding, welding, drilling
- Working at Height
- Mines Health & Safety Act (M)