Position: Administrative Officer (1 Post)
Reports To: Branch Manager
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: February 13,2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute's work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara Health Institute seeks a qualified and experienced Administrative Officer. The Officer will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative and transport activities in the branch and will be the key player to ensure smooth operations of the branch activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily supervision of office attendants to ensure the office environment is kept tidy.
- Daily recording of office consumables stock level and control system.
- Liaise with procurement personnel for purchases of office consumables.
- Process (ensure verification and approval) staff claims and suppliers' payments before submitting the same to Accounts and branch managers for final approvals.
- Liaise with the branch Accountant to ensure that branch expenditures are within the budget.
- Maintain a good relationship with suppliers and partner institutes.
- Handle collaborators' relations.
- Work with Project Administrators/Leaders on various project issues.
- Approval of sick sheets and medical verification forms.
- Responsible for semiannual and annual performance assessments of the direct reports.
- Resolve conflicts at the branch level.
- Liaise with the HQ Human Resources unit to ensure regular updates of the staff database.
- Induct all new employees on branch-specific issues as per the IHI induction guide.
- Follow up and verification of revenue income generating units' invoices/bills.
- Advise branch Manager on possible areas for revenue generation.
- Keep track of all raised invoices and ensure timely billing.
- Prepare reports for monthly revenue collection at the branch level.
- Implement cost-cutting measures in all areas including electricity, stationaries, water, etc.
- Work closely with Finance unit to ensure timely payment of all utility bills.
- Supervise fleet Management (transport management) at the branch level.
- Supervises drivers' day-to-day activities by assigning duties.
- Monitor fuel usage in vehicles and generators in the branch.
- Be in charge of the transport and maintenance unit at the branch level.
- Prepare a report for the fleet on motor vehicle fuel and maintenance costs on a monthly basis.
- Request spares requested for servicing branch vehicles and generators in the system.
- Supervise the movement of vehicles at the branch.
- Raise invoices for motor vehicle hire, lease, and maintenance services.
- Monitor fleet movement with the aid of a fleet tracking system.
- Monitor fuel usage in generators and vehicles using Tota/fuel reports and tracking system.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by a Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or Human Resources.
- Not less than 3 years of experience doing administrative work.
- Be fluent in both English and Swahili languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Be capable of building and sustaining relationships with staff at all levels, with partners and stakeholders.
- Planning And Organizing Skills.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Professional attitude.
- Highest level of integrity with a demonstration of ethical behaviors.
- Adhere to Ifakara's core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
DOWNLOAD PDF FILE HERE!