Volunteering Opportunities at Manluku Youth Development Initiatives - (Mydia-tz)
Digital Content Creator Volunteer
Digital Content Creator Volunteer at Mydia-tz December, 2022
Job title: Digital Content Creator Volunteer
Reports to: Executive Director
Department: Communications & Fundraising
Salary: No Salary, this is a volunteer role
Nature of work/Work station: Online/Distance based role
MANLUKU YOUTH DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES in TANZANIA (Mydia-tz) https://mydia – tz.or.tz is a non-for profit, non-governmental organization working with children and youth on matters related to promoting quality & inclusive education, livelihoods and health (WASH & SRHRs) in Tanzania, with its headquarters in Kasulu district of Kigoma region – Tanzania. The aim of the organization is to provide good environments for opportunities that empower young people to create positive change.
The Digital Content Creator at Mydia-tz will play a key role in creating and delivering engaging and inspiring content across a range of digital/social media channels. The creator will ensure our digital presence and support and enhance our programs to deliver our messages effectively and increase the organization’s visibility. This role requires someone who is creative and can identify, create, manage and deliver digital content using a range of techniques across channels including websites, blogs, social media and webinars. The role will work across a range of projects in the organization and build effective working relationships with various project teams, external stakeholders and third-party suppliers. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual who is passionate about digital marketing and producing tangible results.
- Lead the day-to-day management of our digital channels, creating inspirational, informative and engaging content.
- Plan, produce and create a programme of digital content to be used across all of our digital channels, increasing engagement with our audiences and stakeholders.
- Develop creative ideas, suggest new innovative ways of delivering digital content and keep up-to-date with the latest digital marketing trends.
- Create graphics and edit project activity-related photos and video clips and post them with summaries.
- Monitor, analyze and report on the performance of digital channels/social media using tools such as Google analytics, give feedback to stakeholders and use the data to inform future digital/social media use and improvements.
- Contribute to and work with project team and stakeholders to develop, manage and implement the digital side of integrated marketing & fundraising campaigns.
- Undertake ad-hoc work compatible with the post holder’s status/experience as required.
- College education, ideally in marketing or communications, or significant experience of working in a digital marketing role.
- Knowledge and experience in running digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience using web content management systems such as Umbraco or .NET commercial solutions.
- Experience developing and managing social media campaigns across channels such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, using tools like AgoraPulse / Hootsuite.
- Experience in photography and creating/editing images, using packages such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience invideo production, including filming, editing (preferably using Final Cut Pro or similar) and delivering via channels such as YouTube.
- Understanding of digital analytics and metrics, their importance and tools to monitor, manage and evaluate them, like Google Analytics and AgoraPulse / Hootsuite.
- Ability to deliver a range of concurrent projects, on-time and to budget.
- An understanding of or experience in developing email marketing campaigns, preferably using Dotmailer or similar web-based solutions.
- Experience working with CRM systems, for example, Microsoft Dynamics 365.
How to apply and deadline
Please send your cover letter and CV, as a single PDF document renamed to “your name” only, through firstname.lastname@example.org Cc email@example.com
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Director, P.O.BOX 416 KASULU, KIGOMA – TANZANIA and be submitted before or by Sunday 15th January 2023.