|The Dangote Group|
Mtwara, Mtwara Region, Tanzania, United Republic of
- Manage environmental regulatory compliance of operations both in the Plant and the Mines.
- Co-ordinate environmental management activities associated with operations carried out by the company in line with company Policy and Environmental Management Standards as well as Industry and International standards and guidelines.
- Ensure that environmental management initiatives, programs, procedures, trainings, work practices and controls are implemented and monitored for effectiveness and continual improvement.
- Liaise with external agencies regarding environmental compliance requirements.
- To assist the HSE Manager in identifying and assessing risks and possible environmental hazards of all aspects of plant operations and provide input into identification and mitigation of risk.
- To create Environmental plans that includes suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes.
- Participate in incident investigation and preparation of formal reports on findings including recommendations to Head HSE.
- To execute approved environmental corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- To collect, analyze and maintain accurate environmental records.
- To conduct periodic plant inspections in order to assist HSE Manager in Environment compliance.
- Develop and deliver environmental information and training packages.
- Participate in HSE meetings and deliver trainings as required.
- Monitor and manage contractor’s activities associated with environmental performance.
- To monitor and check emissions in all plant sections for air quality compliance.
- To monitor and conduct water & wastewater testing for compliance.
- To ensure proper waste management and plant Housekeeping.
- To ensure Dust suppression at Mines areas.
- To ensure implementation of the Mines Closure Plan.
- To ensure implementation of proposed mitigation measures as per EIA & EA.
- Produce environmental reports to the Management as required.
- Prepare annual environmental monitoring and compliance reports
- Perform any other HSE related duty as may assigned by HSE Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Environment or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in Environment.
- 5 or above years of experience in Environmental functions.
- Certification/license from NEMC or other recognized HSE body (e.g., Certified Environmental expert will be an added advantage).
- Good knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of cement manufacturing industry will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in both English and Swahili Language.
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development